We eventually develop a sense of love for the place where we live. So, we want it to look the best in the world. The best option to show your love for the place is to color it beautifully by the paint from the best paint brand for trim and baseboards.
And to enjoy the painted house for a good period, hunt for the best paint brand for baseboards, which assure not only long-lasting quality but also eco-friendly.
Not only walls and windows but trims also require your special attention. Doesn’t it feel good to just stand by the window with freshly painted trim and sipping coffee with an amazing morning view?
Top three best paint brands for trim and baseboards
- Benjamin Moore Advance paint (best overall)
- Behr premium plus paint (best budget and easily available)
- Sherwin Williams paints (best-covering paint brand)
Table of Contents
Comparison Table for Best paint brand for trim and baseboards in 2021
- NOTE: CUSTOM COLORS ARE NON-RETURNABLE. PLEASE MESSAGE US MAJOR MANUFACTURER'S COLOR NAME AND NUMBER IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU CHECK OUT.
- Zero VOC, excellent hiding, low odor, great touch up.
- Spatter resistant, decorative and uniform gloss finish.
- Washable, quick dry, easy application, soap and water clean up.
- Superior flow and leveling, qualifies for LEED v4 credit.
Benjamin Moore is without a doubt the best paint brand for trim and baseboards. This trim paint brand has a lot of variety with different colors at different prices.
This paint brand takes a lot of time to dry out which means that you will get a great result in the end.
Although being water-based alkyd paint, the Benjamin Moore paint finish is very fine and glossy just like an oil-based paint. And if you don’t like very much sheen, you can get it in satin or semi-gloss finish. Now, what can be better than this?
The paints of this best paint brand for trims and baseboards are the easiest to clean paints so you don’t have to worry about the extra maintenance and despite acting like an oil-based paint it emits a very low amount of volatile organic compounds.
Thus, we regard it most durable, eco-friendly, easy to clean, and the best paint brand for trim and baseboards.
It is very disheartening to see your paint getting fade after a short while but forget about the wastage of your money if you choose Behr Premium Plus paint brand.
Due to the very high consistency of Behr trim paint, just two coats will be needed to give you the best glossy finish. It is durable and most importantly this best paint brand for trims and baseboards promises the non-yellowing property and color doesn’t fade.
No paint brand is more eco-friendly than Behr Alkyd Satin Enamel because it gives out zero amount of VCOs due to its tough UV rays resistance.
If you want to paint your walls and windows in a very short time, this best gloss paint can be the best choice as it dries off quickly leaving the best outcome.
- One Coat Coverage - Glidden One Coat Interior Paint & Primer has exceptional hide and stain block which means you need fewer coats to hide your common stains and make your walls beautiful.
- Makes Walls Washable - Exceptional scrubbability and washability make sure that if anything does get on your finish, it can handle the scrubs to get it off.
- Colors Chosen By Experts - These hand-selected beautiful Purple Paint Colors make Glidden One Coat Interior Paint perfect for use in every room of your home.
- Looking for another color? Glidden One Coat is also available in over 300 other premium-curated paint colors chosen by professional color experts to make sure your next painting project comes out beautiful.
- Low-VOC, Less Stress - As a Low-odor, low-VOC paint Glidden One Coat Paint & Primer In One allows you to paint with less stress and disruption to your daily routine
Glidden trim and door paint brand believes in purity thus all of their paints are made of 100% acrylic. These paints protect your wall and don’t fade because they are UV resistant due to the proprietary urethane technology.
If you have children in your home who usually cover the walls with oil stains etc., then go for Glidden interior paint which is so easy to clean that you just need a damp cloth to wipe it all off.
This best baseboard paint ensures you about zero emission of VCOs. Also, you don’t have to worry about the odor that those cheap paints give because it is odorless.
From whites to blacks and from pinks to oranges, you get every color at the store of this best paint brand for trims and baseboards.
This is not only used for the trims or baseboards, but you can use it anywhere like:
- Floors or ceilings
- Rust preventative
- Offers greater Gloss retention and superior rust protection as compared to other low VOC competitors
- This product is manufactured in United states
If you don’t want to put so much effort in painting your interiors, Valspar is the best option. This best paint brand for trims and baseboards is applied extremely smoothly with an average roller.
You get the features of both oil-based paint and latex paint if you invest in Valspar professional paint brand.
There is no need to use petroleum to clean the walls or cabinet because you can do it easily with just a damp cloth and soap.
Thus, this best kind of paint brand for wood and trims ensures its customers about washability and durability.
Yellowing is not the case with Valspar door and trim paint because the color doesn’t fade and also doesn’t leave ugly yellow patches.
As we have already mentioned about its oil-latex mixture so you will not complain about the brush marks and you will not need to add any supplement to get the desired result.
5. Majic acrylic enamel paints
- Color: Gloss White
- ALL-PURPOSE USE: Perfect for wood, metal, brick, drywall, glass, steel, tile, vinyl, aluminum, most plastics, copper, and masonry
- EASY-TO-APPLY: Low odor, non-flammable water base formula out performs conventional oil base paints and is rust-inhibiting to protect your projects
- SUPERIOR GLOSS & COLOR-RETENTION: Levels to a beautiful smooth glossy finish
- TOUGH DURABLE ACRYLIC FINISH: Resilient durable finish that lasts for years retaining high-quality appearance and resisting scratch and scuff marks
This is the finest trim paint you will ever find.
This best high gloss latex paint adheres perfectly to the surface and provides a very great resistance against dirt and corrosion.
This is a water-based acrylic paint that dries very fast without the addition of any catalyst. It gives a wide range of colors that are so easy to apply that you can do it with a spray, roller, or brush.
If you want to paint your equipment and want them to dry off quickly then go for this best paint brand for trims and baseboards because this is probably the fastest to dry paint.
- Price For: Each Coverage: 50 to 90 sq. ft. Paint Color Family: Whites Finish: Gloss Dry Time Recoat: 24 hr. Item: Enamel Paint Application Method: Brush, Roll, Spray Paint Base Type: Solvent Size: 1 qt. Features: Durable, Corrosion Resistant VOC Content: 485g/L Color: White Surface: Metal, Wood Paint Cleanup: Mineral Spirits Dry Time: 5 to 9 hr.
- Paint Sub-Brand: Stops Rust(R) Min. Application Temp.: 50 Degrees to 90 Degrees F Country of Origin (subject to change): United States
There is not only one but plenty of reason to love Rust-Oleum chalk paint.
This oil-based eggshell paint gives you a perfect matte finish and that too at a very reasonable price. Just one coat is enough because it adheres perfectly to the surface and smoothes down quickly.
Coming to the colors, because this is what matters the most to professionals and especially for the baseboards, you get a huge range. So, you can easily decide which one will look perfect on your walls.
Durability is one of those features that we can’t ignore. This best paint brand for trims and baseboards qualifies every test of time and the paint doesn’t fade or flake.
- Premium, Eco-Friendly, eggshell finish latex paint for use in most areas of the house sush as walls and ceilings.
- 4X Fewer Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Apply 2 coats, Easy application, Excellent hiding power and cover up to 430f2
If money is your first concern, then boomerang trim paint is your way to go.
This best trim and door paint comes at a very reasonable price. Its happy customers say that the application is so easy that you can do it with any kind of tool i.e., roller, brush, or spray.
Due to the high-quality formula of this cheap gloss paint, near to zero volatile organic compounds (VCOs) are generated. Thus, you don’t have to worry about environmental concerns if you purchase this paint. Because this best paint brand for trims and baseboards ensures that their paints are very eco-friendly.
Washing up is also not tiresome and you don’t have to use turpentine or any kind of oil to remove the stains and marks. Just take water and soap and wipe it once and you are done.
- Multi-purpose latex exterior whole-house tannin stain blocking primer for new or weathered exterior wood.
- Excellent exterior primer for masonry surfaces, like stucco or concrete block.
- Low VOC, water thinned, blister and peel resistant, and high hiding
- Can be applied in low temperatures above 35 °F (1. 7 °C) but should not be used within 8 hours of air temperatures 35 °F (1. 7 °C) or lower
- Top-coat with latex or alkyd paints
Whether you want to paint walls, ceilings, trims, or baseboards, PPG acrylic paint fits in every category.
The color range is so wide that you can pick without any difficulty because you get more than 1000 options. From dulls to darks, you get everything.
You don’t have to put on any mask to avoid the fumes and odor of this trim paint because it is not only odorless but also it is so eco-friendly that zero VCOs are produced.
The drying offered by this best paint brand for trims and baseboards is so fast that it hardly takes around one hour to completely dry off and cures completely in 2 weeks, which is faster than many average paints available.
Due to its very thick consistency, the application of this best satin paint is way too easy.
- Rust preventative
- Offers greater Gloss retention and superior rust protection as compared to other low VOC competitors
- This product is manufactured in United states
Everyone gives different reviews about any product, but this is actually the best rated exterior trim paint.
Although it is a little pricey, the results of Sherwin Williams matte paint are totally worth it.
Either you paint on a bare wall or a previously painted one, the paint from this best paint brand for trims and baseboards give you the same result and that too without adding any primer, etc.
It is your take to whether apply a second coat or not to get the maximum durability. But according to us, only one coat of this best trim paint is enough to get you a great finish.
This is also a very eco-friendly paint and is very low in VCOs.
If you are sick of mildews, try this Sherwin William oil-based paint because along with being stain-resistant, it is also mildew-resistant. Isn’t it amazing?
There is a wide range of colors which you can use not only inside but also outside.
- PROTECT WOOD SURFACES – Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish protects and adds beauty to your interior wood projects, including woodwork, furniture, doors and cabinets. The clear top coat protects against scratches, spills, dirt and more.
- CRYSTAL CLEAR FINISH THAT LASTS – The crystal clear finished offered in this protective coating is ideal for use over all Minwax Oil-Based and Water-Based Stains and colors, as well as all wood species including light woods like maple, ash and birch.
- SATIN SHEEN – Give your wood projects a sleek finish with this satin clear varnish. It not only protects the natural beauty of the wood, but offers an attractive, classic sheen for a modern and subtle look. It’s non-yellowing, non-ambering and low odor.
- ULTRA FAST DRYING – Get more done with this protective poly coating. It’s a fast-drying clear coat, which allows for quick recoats after 2 hours, letting you get projects done faster. Be sure to apply with a high-quality synthetic bristle brush.
- EASY CLEAN UP – This water-based wood finish allows for easy soap and water clean-up, so you don’t have to stress about spills and big messes.
Olympic paints are very low-in-cost. In fact, the least expensive paints you will ever encounter.
If we talk about the coverage of this paint, it very covers all the spots and rough surfaces, but you have to add the additives or primers.
This best enamel paint brand ensures its customers that they will not only fairly good finish, but the paints are also very low in VCOs and thus there are no environmental hazards regarding this paint.
Due to being resistant to stains and sunlight, Olympic is our last pick for the best paint brand for trim and baseboards.
What are the types of finishes that the best trim paint offers?
Everybody has his preferences. Some may want to go all with shine while some likes subtleness. So, whenever you step into the market, you find three types of paints.
Semi-gloss baseboard/trim paint:
Semi-gloss is one of the most preferred paints and is provided by most of the best paint brands for trims and baseboards.
It gives just the right amount of sheen and reflects the light much efficiently when it falls on the wall or window etc.
If you are worried due to the oil or grease marks on the walls, then this is the perfect solution. Children usually show their art and talent on walls and that’s the reason it becomes the first choice of children’s bedroom because just a single wipe and you get your neat and clean walls back.
People often choose semi-gloss trim paint to color their stair railings and cabinets because it is not just durable but also adds a pop of sheen to their dull and dark house.
And as it is not too shiny so you can easily use it throughout your homes because it will never look extra.
High-gloss trim paint:
If you want to lit up your world, then here you go.
A very high percentage of resins is present within the high-gloss trim paint and it is due to this property that the light is reflected greatly by the surface and your walls glow like never before.
This best paint for interior trim is considered great for dull and rough surfaces and gives your room the sheen it requires.
The problem is that not everyone can handle high-gloss paint and only a very professional painter can do the job. Because a little unprofessionalism can create a mess.
Satin finish trim paint:
If you want to conceal all the imperfections on your wall, then this is the best option to consider.
Its tricking-the-eye ability helps to deflect the attention from the dents by not reflecting but drawing the light.
This satin trim paint is the most budget-friendly option among all three and also provides a little amount of sheen.
Oil-based paint vs water-based paint vs acrylic-alkyd paint
Prioritize durability? Here, you go.
Oil-based paint finishes are the most durable and long-lasting and are provided by any best paint brand for trims and baseboards.
When we say oil-based, we actually mean that oil is the solvent used in the paint and evaporates when it dries.
As these paints take much more time to dry so no matter how much damage is done, the best oil-based paint will resist it to the best extent.
Water is the solvent that is used in the interior trim paints and evaporates as soon as the paint dries.
Water-based paints are much more eco-friendly as compared to many best oil-based paints because there are a lot of volatile organic compounds that are emitted by oil-based paint but not by water-based paint.
These organic compounds are not only hazardous to the environment but also human health.
Although water-based white paints give a very light sheen, this sheen doesn’t fade over time and maintain it for a good time.
So easy cleaning up, long-lasting sheen, and low-emission of VCOs are some of the reasons why mostly water-based paints are preferred over oil-based paints. So, usually best paint brand for trims and baseboards relies on water-based finishes.
Acrylic-alkyd paint is the last on our list but the best.
When we combine the advantages of water-based and oil-based paint, a new composition is formed and that is acrylic-alkyd hybrid paint.
Different types of sheen are given by acrylic-alkyd hybrid paint. It doesn’t only add to the look of your home, but also the finish provided by it adheres perfectly to the walls with a lot of less environmental concerns.
The amazing leveling and flow make it the best paint and the best paint brand for trims and baseboards ensures that acrylic-alkyd paint offers a very long-lasting and tough coating.
What are the qualities one should look for while finding the best paint brand for trim and baseboards?
There are a lot of paints that stink crazily that it becomes difficult to stand in the room. And oil-based paints are included in this list.
So, while buying from the best paint for trims and baseboards, make sure that it doesn’t have a very strong odor.
So, choose the best paint brand for trims and baseboards which manufacture paints that produce either less or zero odor.
There are a lot of paint brands that ensure the quality but after a little while, the paint starts fading and changes into a very ugly-looking yellow color.
So, look for the paints that have non-yellowing properties and promise a long-lasting pigmentation.
No matter how much you try to make your paint effortlessly good, there is always some flaw left if your paint doesn’t reach the required smoothness level.
So, whenever you go for buying baseboard paint, check for the one with the maximum smoothness to avoid the brush marks and the roller ridges.
Glossy paints have a very tight and tough structure that resists all the dirt to enter due to very small pores.
The one with the maximum gloss will provide you much more amazing finish.
Sheen for trim and baseboards is also very important to make them look amazing.
Thus, go for your type and keep your house not only glowy, and classy but also clean.
Gloss is basically the standard to check any paint’s durability. The more will be the shine, the greater will be the durability.
Also, the paint must be corrosion resistant so that it doesn’t damage readily by environmental factors like temperature, etc.
To make your paint durable, different methods can be used. In this article, we have mentioned two of them.
• Adding an extra coat of primer helps a lot of increase your paint’s durability.
• Use of polyurethane and polycrylic also helps a lot.
Eco-friendly formula, good coverage, stain resistance, long-lasting and non-yellowing property: these are some of the most important standards and criteria to test paint.
These paints of these brands offer a great deal, and you will surely not complain about the results after experiencing these best paint brands for trims and baseboards.
want to read more article??? just click on